Thursday, July 15, 2010

Guardian of my sleep

I saw a dream today
Seems my life is going to change
I lost them in a maze
All my wealth and all my pain
Guardian of my sleep had a tortured face
Took me to the other side
Wicked eyes devoured my heart
Underneath my bed there was that snake
Bite me to my grave, to my grave
Oh what a shame !
Joy of the day turned to dust
Hourglass spun around
I traveled through endless time
All I saw coming was me, old and grey
Ready to sod off


I saw a dirty game today
Oh I can play it better than them
I was not the king today
Just a man at the stick end
Ready to get the beat
Dust and pain dust and pain
Oh what a shame !
I was not the star today oh yeah
Just a common block
Lying at the wrong end of the stack
Put it in and brought it out
Oh what a feel!


I lost all my keys today
That pill played its part well
I was not the same man there
Someone was there with my name
I was locked inside a little box
Men with rabid souls gathered all around
To sketch my future yeah
I was destined to suffer and decay
Oh what a shame !


Hopes were low and dim
All it needed was one last ring
Now I try to trick out the charade
Are these made up to hide my laden reality?
Or they are here just to fill and spill
who I’m? Where I’m? What’s wrong?
Is there any change?
Try to fix my paths again
to the real side of the river
flowing right down the middle of my brain

No comments:

Post a Comment